Skydive Grand Bend
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age limit?
Is there a weight & height limit for tandem skydiving?
It's important to note that weight and height limits in skydiving are in place to ensure the safety of both the individual and the instructor during the jump. These limits are set based on factors such as equipment capabilities, training procedures, and the overall stability and control during freefall and canopy flight. These standards are implemented to prioritize safety for everyone involved.
As a small dropzone, we may have specific gear limitations that prevent us from accommodating individuals beyond certain weight or height ranges. It's crucial to understand that these limitations exist to maintain a safe environment for everyone involved in the skydiving experience.
We understand that it can be disappointing or frustrating if you do not meet the weight or height requirements for skydiving at our dropzone. However, we prioritize safety above all else and want to ensure that each participant has the best possible experience while minimizing any potential risks. If you are unable to skydive with us due to the weight or height restrictions, we encourage you to explore other skydiving centers that may have equipment and capabilities suitable for your specific needs. We appreciate your understanding and concern for safety. If you have any further questions please contact us.
What if the weather’s bad? Will you call me to reschedule?
No, we won’t. We won’t cancel your jump ahead of time in case the weather is better than forecasted (which happens a LOT!).
ALSO: Just because it may be poor weather where you live doesn’t mean it’s bad at the drop zone! Weather can change a lot in just a few miles, so don’t cancel for weather without checking with us first. It may be pouring at your home but perfect at the drop zone! Call ahead if you’re concerned about weather.
What would keep me from skydiving today?
- Being over the weight limit (see above)
- Being under 16 years of age
- Being under the influence of drugs/alcohol
- Inclement weather (rain/excessive wind/clouds)
What should I wear to make my first skydive?
Wear comfortable, relatively close-fitting clothing for the current weather. Please also wear running shoes/other athletic shoes, flip flops and unsuitable footwear is not advised.
Should I eat before skydiving?
It’s a good idea to eat a light meal or snack before you head to the drop zone. Please bring hydrating beverages, packed lunch or snacks to the dropzone as well.
How long does the entire skydive process take?
Can my friends and family come to watch?
Is a deposit required?
Do you offer video of tandem skydives?
Can I bring my own camera?
Can I bring my pets and/or children?
- Pets: No pets other than service animals are permitted in operating areas, but they are welcome in the parking lot and RV areas. Any service animals in operating areas must be leashed and adult-supervised at all times. Clean up after them.
- Please ensure that children and pets/service animals are directly supervised by a responsible adult at all times. If you are skydiving, please have a responsible adult supervising your children/service animal while you are jumping to ensure they stay safe and do not injure anyone or their life-saving equipment (even unintentionally).
All payments made to Skydive Grand Bend are non-refundable. Your purchase will not expire and can be used at any point in the future, provided it is during our operational season. Bookings may be transferred to another person. If you have any questions, please contact us.